Meetings & Wedding Venues


Please select from the venues beloiw to see further detail. Contact Monte Greenshields at 403-762-2291 extension 315 for bookings.

Rental Rates for our facilities are below. Funds generated from the rental of these facilities directly support the programs and operations of the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies.

Abegweit

         
         
 

A beautiful Heritage Home on the Bow River, Abegweit, the historic Crosby Family home, can accommodate meetings for up to around 20 people. There is a large board room table, with screen, projector, flip charts and Wi-Fi. Refreshments can be served to the group either in the secondary area of the main room or in the dining room. And there are numerous other rooms in the house for break-out sessions. Additionally, the house can host seated presentations, using the screen and projector for up to around 50 people.

This home is also perfect for stand-up cocktail receptions for up to around 60 people. Through the summer months tents can be added to the front lawn for larger programming in this beautiful setting. The kitchen is only for food service so catering needs to be brought in.

LOCATION:136 Bow Avenue

AREA: 480 sq. ft. / 41 sq. m.
    
CAPACITY:
Banquet - 30 persons
Theatre - 50 persons
Classroom - 30 persons
Boardroom - 30 persons
Reception - 60 persons

Abegweit Rental Policy (pdf)

Masons Hall

 
       
   

Hold your event in the historic lodge of the Masons and Shriners. In Banff, the Masons were initiated in 1888 and this lodge, Cascade Hall #5, was constructed in 1924 and was first used in February 1925. It was designed by architect James A. MacDonald of Calgary and built by Arthur Unwin of Banff.

Major features of the historic lodge include the Grand Hall, a large meeting space; the lower level hall, which can accommodate up to 137 people; two bathrooms; and a commercial grade kitchen.

LOCATION: 103 Caribou Street

AREA: TBC
    
CAPACITY: up to 137

Masons Hall Rental Policy (pdf)

Museum Galleries

 
         
   

The Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies was opened on June 16, 1968, by the Peter and Catharine Whyte Foundation. The Archives of the Canadian Rockies was the starting point of the Museum and the Banff Library was incorporated in the Whyte Museum in 1970. The exhibition space saw several expansions during the 1980s and a new facility was opened in 1993. Today, the Museum facility is comprised of the Main Gallery, Heritage Gallery, Rummel Room, and Swiss Guides Room.

LOCATION: 111 Bear Street

AREA: 4160 sq. ft. / 386 sq. m.
    
CAPACITY:
Banquet - 100 persons
Theatre - 150 persons
Classroom - 150 persons
Boardroom - 150 persons
Reception - 350 persons

Museum Galleries Rental Policy (pdf)

Museum Grounds

 

The Whyte Museum grounds are intrinsically linked to countless stories of early Banff locals. There are eight heritage properties on this site and the Museum itself. For over a hundred years people have lived on the lots that make up the grounds. At first the lots were home to guides and outfitters and then the jumping off point for prospecting. Legendary guide, Bill Peyto used the horse corrals that were once situated on this lot. The area later became the spot where Peter and Catharine Whyte built their home. Ultimately they would leave a lasting legacy by constructing the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies.

LOCATION: Along the Bow River directly behind the Museum (111 Bear Street)

AREA: 2890 sq. ft. / 268 sq. m/
    
CAPACITY: up to 1000

Museum Grounds Rental Policy: TBC